Suhbah MARRIAGE PREP – STRONG COUPLES is an online and onsite certified Islamic Pre-Marital Training curriculum that brings together the best of two of the top premarital education curricula (Prepare/Enrich & SYMBIS) and is infused with Islamic principles and Fiqh of Marriage to prepare couples with skills and education to create sustainable, healthy, strong marriages.
The sessions utilize fun and engaging activities where couples not only learn tips from the leading marriage researchers and sunan of Rasulullah (S), but they also actively solve real conflicts with their partners, in class, in real time, during the break out sessions.
The SUHBAH pre-marital curriculum has been certified and verified by the state of Texas’s Healthy Marriage program, which means that anyone in Texas who takes the SUHBAH course gets $60 off their marriage license and no 72-hour waiting period as long as they complete the full 8 hours. Residents outside Texas are also welcome to take the course.
The divorce statistics in the the Muslim community are at over 33% and even though Allah tells us in the Quran to seek help from mediators when the husband and wife are facing trouble (Surah Nisa, ayah 35) we STILL don’t seek help. We have to fight the stigma in our community before the statistic rises and More families are torn apart!
Instead of allowing couples to dive into the deep end hoping they don’t drown – in regards to something that Rasulullah (S) called “half our faith”, we should proactively educate and train couples so they are empowered and equipped with the skills to make good decisions in this beautiful – yet difficult – union of marriage.
Online Course Now Available!
The Strong Couples Online Course covers the same material as the onsite course. This is a pre-recorded, self-paced course that consists of over 6 hours of content taught by Imam Mahad and Ustadha Safiya with 1-hour of couples’ discussion activities that prompt the couple to “Pause and Discuss” the activity on screen.
We encourage couples to watch the videos together or plan to watch them at the same time so that they can effectively complete the activities with one another.
LIVE COUPLES COUNSELING SESSION
After completion of the online course, couples will be given a link to sign up for a complementary 1-hour private couples session in person at the Suhbah Center (Houston, TX) or online over zoom with either Ustadh Mahad or Ustadha Safiya.
The course videos are available to be viewed within one month of payment. After one month, video access will expire. If you need an extension, let us know!
[ ONSITE SCHEDULE ]
- Online only until further notice (self-paced)
Breakdown of the Seminar
Suhbah Marriage Prep seminar will include:
- 8 hour curriculum (6 hours of content, 1 hour of couples discussion, 1 hour private couples session)
- Integrates two certified pre-marital curricula (PREPARE/ENRICH and SYMBIS) as well as Islamic principles and marriage fiqh
- Interactive activities and skill-building discussions that help foster communication and conflict resolution skills for couples
- Main topics covered:
- Islamic Rights And Responsibilities In Marriage
- Breaking Down Marriage Myths
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Marital Intimacy
- Family History Influences
- Relationship Roles And Responsibilities
- Personality Types and Differences and Languages of Love
- As a registered and officially verified curriculum with the Texas county clerk pre-marriage department (Texas Twogether), couples who complete SUHBAH pre-marital training will receive up to $60 off their Texas marriage license fees, and the 72-hour waiting period for marriage license will be waived.
- Couples will be given the choice of scheduling a 1-hour private couples session with Imam Mahad or Ustadha Safiya after completion of the program.